Design and Technology prepares pupils to participate in an everchanging technological world by becoming discriminating, informed users and innovators of products. They learn to think creatively to improve the quality of life by looking for and responding to human needs, wants and interests. They combine their understanding of relevant and past design and technology with practical skills to design, make evaluate and amend their own products; and to build on their skills for both independent learning and team work. We would hope that the activities undertaken during their time at Tregolls An Academy will also reflect the children's local environment and support them in the wider world. Design and technology offers opportunities for children to:
- Develop their capability to create high quality products through combining their designing and making skills with their knowledge and understanding.
- Develop valuable teamwork skills and listen to and respect others’ opinions.
- Nurture creativity and innovation.
- Develop their capability to create high quality products through combining their designing and making skills with knowledge and understanding
- Nurture creativity and innovation through designing and making
- Explore values and attitudes towards the made world and how we live and work within it.
- Develop an understanding of technological processes, products, their manufacture and contribution to society.
- Research and explore past design and technology and use this knowledge in their own designing
- Understand and apply the principles of nutrition and learn how to cook.